About this new Additional Facility
As part of the response to the industry needs on future base oil and lubricating oil storage, Universal Terminal has embarked on an expansion program to construct 5 additional tanks and 3 additional bunker barge berths. The 5 tanks are served by 4 jetties with 4 dedicated lines to handle 4 different grades of base oils. Additional auxiliary facilities such as 60 MT weigh bridge, 2 loading/discharge points for handling tank trucks, ISO tanks and flexibags are added to compliment the base oil operations. The 3 additional bunker barge berths together with the existing 6 bunker barge berths will ensure faster turn around especially for break bulk business such as the base oil trades.
For more information on base oil operations, please see details below.
Additional Storage Tanks
- Total capacity of 60,000 m³
o 3 tanks of 15,000 m³
o 2 tanks of 7,500 m³
- Suitable for Base Oil or similar products with same classification.
Details of jetties with the capability to handle Base Oil Operations
JETTY 12 (OMU 12)
JETTY 13 (OMU 13)
JETTY 15 (OMU 15)
JETTY 16 (OMU 16)
Loading & Discharge for Vessels
- 4 lines to handle 4 different grades of base oils.
- Capable of handling up to 4 concurrent loadings at maximum rate of 1000 m³ per hour per hose.
- Discharge rate up to 2,000 m³ per hour per hose.
Filling & Discharge for In-land Transportation
- Weigh bridge services available.
- 2 loading points for in-land tank trucks, ISO tanks, and Flexibags loading or discharging.
- Capable of loading up to the rate of 130 m³ per hour.